Building & Equipment Access
- GenCore equipment for the most part is on the 8th Floor in the CGSB and on the 7th and 8th Floors of Brown.
- For a comprehensive list of equipment and locations please visit the pages under “Shared Equipment”.
- Determine which floors you will need access based on what equipment you want to use.
- To request access, fill out the “Biology Building Access Form” and return it to the GenCore Manager for processing and approval.
NYU Labgear Scheduler
- You will need a NYU Labgear account and authorization to use the equipment.
- You must create an account by going here: “Labgear” and following the instructions.
- Once you have an account, you will still need to complete a training session to be granted authorization to the equipment’s schedule.
- To be granted authorization, you must schedule a training session with the GenCore Staff and complete the appropriate safety trainings.
- Once completed, you will be granted access to the equipment’s schedule and can make reservations and use the equipment on your own.
- Lab Safety and Haz Waste training is required for ALL.
- Bloodborne Pathogens Training is required for those using equipment in the BSL-2 Designated Room.
- If you are not in the Biology Department, you must request a certificate confirming completion of this training.
- Please visit the training website to view available slots and schedule session: “Training Session Scheduler“.
- Note: Group/Lab training sessions are available and encouraged.